Monday, February 23, 2009

The Guessing Game

We have had an anxious weekend. I woke up Friday night feeling pretty regular, though not painful, contractions. I got excited and we thought that we would have our new baby by the end of Saturday. Though at times things seemed to pick up a little bit, they never got real intense or closer together. We took our girls to the carnival Saturday night and after all of the walking around I was sure labor was on it's way. But after we got home I was just worn out and it backed off again.
I woke Sunday morning early with some really strong contractions, so strong that I could hardly stand up straight. So we stayed home from church waiting for things to get going. Again they backed off though. Now we are just guessing at what will happen. I keep thinking that we are definately in labor, and then it turns out to be nothing.
We are dialating little by little, so we will see what happens over the next few days. I just hate the guessing game and not knowing when things are going to happen. Plus, I feel bad for keeping so many people on alert all weekend, thinking that we are having a baby. Hopefully this baby will make up his/her mind soon. He/she can't stay in there forever, though right now it seems as though that is going to be the case.

3 comments:

Arritt said...

Oh yeah, the not knowing is the worst! Hopefully you won't have to go through that much longer. What a tease to have contractions that don't amount to anything. We hope everything goes smoothly- can't wait to hear about the new little guy/girl.

Valerie said...

I will be so jealous if you have that baby before me! But I hope for your sake that he/she comes soon! Good luck...I can't wait to see pictures!

May the Schwartz be with you. said...

Hey! I can't wait to find out what your having. Every time I try to call you I remember that I have your old cell phone number. Can't find your new one. Call me! Good luck mama!