Friday, February 20, 2009

Hannah's Wedding

Last weekend we drove up to Utah to see my sister Hannah get married. We left on Thursday after Jake got off of work and drove all night to get to my sister Barbara's house around 8am. Not a fun drive, but we had a great weekend. Friday we hung out with Karley, my best friend from high school, and then we went to a family dinner Will's (Hannah's husband) church. With the family alone we nearly filled the church. You all know that I have a big family and 8 of the 9 siblings were there with accompanying spouses and children. But Will's family beats ours believe it or not. He also has nine siblings and he is the youngest and was the only one not married and without kids. So they had quite a gaggle of people too. It was a lot of fun though. Very crazy fun as all of the little kids were running around playing the whole night. We preformed our traditional "sister dance" that turned out really cute. And we played family feud against the Bairds. We won of course!
The next day Karley watched my kids while we went to the Provo temple for Hannah's wedding. My sisters had brought their kids to the temple and I am so glad that I didn't. Jaxon slept the whole time we were gone, and woke up covered in poop, so we were able to wash his clothes before the reception. I can't imagine having to deal with that at the temple. Plus, he really needed the nap. We didn't take any family pictures or anything at the temple because it was snowing really hard and it was freezing cold outside, so there was no need for the kids to be there anyways. It is funny because a lot of my sisters spent considerable time on their hair and then we had to walk up the hill in a blizzard to get inside the temple so all hair efforts were lost.

Above is me with my sister Hannah and below is me with my friend Karley. It was so awesome to see her, even though we didn't get to spend a lot of time together. We had made a deal last year that we would get together during the year and it never happened, so I am glad that we got to get together this year.

This is Jaxon with Karley's son Ty. He is such a cutie. Jaxon is only about 3 months older than Ty, and they became little buddies while we were there.
Here is Hannah holding Jaxon at the reception. He was being pretty clingy the whole time and only happy if Jake or I were holding him. So you won't see any smiling pictures of him.
Here is Hannah and Will coming out of the temple together. Hannah looked so gorgeous and happy. I am so glad that she found the right guy. All night people kept talking about how happy they looked together.
We went to the reception Saturday afternoon at Will's church in Provo. We were able to see a lot of old friends from my ward that I grew up in, as well as some old friends from high school. It was fun to get to see people again.
After the reception we went up to my sister Amber's house for a Valentine's Day/birthday party for my two nieces Ashley and Lily. Mckayla and Lyla really enjoyed making valentines and didn't want to stop making them until they had made at least one for everybody in the house. Lyla says we need to move to Utah because "In Utah is snow and cousins and Grandma!" What more could we ask for?




No comments: