Thursday, March 5, 2009

Carnival in Town

A week or so ago a carnival came through town that we went to. It was the weekend I had been having some false labor, and we figured walking around a carnival might've helped things pick up a bit. It was a lot of fun. The girls are barely tall enough now that they can ride on almost every ride. Though they did skip out on a few of them that looked too scary. I was surprised though at some of the ones they did ride on. It made me feel old to realize that they were big enough to ride with all of the big kids and have a fun time. They are still small though, so it was funny that on every ride I tried to take their pictures, but I could rarely see much of them over the seats and bars. This is one of the "big kid" rides that they rode on:
Here's me and Jaxon. It wasn't much fun for Jaxon because he wanted to go on the rides, but obviously couldn't. Every time we put him down to walk around he would take off running to the steps of one fo the rides. I felt bad that there wasn't much that he could do.
Jono did take Jaxon down a big super slide on his lap, and he seemed to really like that. The girls went down this slide about 15 times. We just always get the wristbands so they can do all of the rides as much as they can stand in the short amount of time we are there.


I think that little carnivals like these are more fun than amusement parks at the girls age because they can ride everything and they don't have to wait in any long lines to get on. All of the "big kid" rides really aren't that bad, just scary enough for a 5 year old.
The trip to the carnival did get my contractions going alot so that we had to leave because I could hardly walk around anymore. We thought the baby might've been coming, but we were wrong. I'm still here, still prego.

No comments: