Monday, February 9, 2009

Long Lost Pictures

Long ago I had posted that we had lost the battery charger for our camera, and were unable to download any of those pictures. We never found that battery charger, and I went to several different electronic stores but was unable to find a replacement for a long time. We tried buying one online, but it didn't work out either. Someone suggested I got to a specific radioshack here in town, and though I had tried a radioshack I hadn't tried this one.
This radio shack is unappealing when you first walk in. It isn't well put together and is run by a husband and wife duo. But, when I asked the question about my camera battery the guy looked everywhere and then found a "universal" camera battery charger and worked with it for 30 minutes to figure out how to get it to work for my battery. The thing was totally complicated, I never could have done it on my own. I was so impressed with the incredible service of this place and the knowledge this guy had. Though it was a radioshack it had that "mom and pop's electronics" sort of feel. It was really nice to go to a store like that.
Now our camera works again!! And I was able to download all of the pictures off of it from last summer! There were several pictures on there that I had totally forgotten about. So the next couple of posts are going to be way way backtracking. I really use this blog as a family history/ scrapbooking type thing because I don't scrapbook at all and this is the only place that I journal about our family's comings and goings. So really I have to write about the pictures for posterity's sake.

No comments: