Monday, February 2, 2009

A Fieldtrip to Fry's

This past Tuesday I went on a fieldtrip with Mckayla's class to our local grocery store, Fry's. I didn't go on the last fieldtrip to the apple orchard because I didn't think I could handle an hour on a school bus at that stage in my pregnancy. It was actually quite educational. They took us to different areas of the store and talked about the food groups and what foods are good for what parts of your body. The kids really liked theat they got to eat samples at many different areas of the store. That always makes kids pay extra special attention. It was just a short fieldtrip, but it was fun and I think that kids need a change-up every now and again to do some learning out of the classroom. Our camera is having issues lately, but you can get the jist of it. Mckayla is in the green sweater in the middle of the class. Notice how much smaller she is than most of the other kids. I never thought the girls were that small until they went to Kindergarten and they were a head smaller than several kids in their classes.
This is the kids all looking at one of the live lobsters from the tank. It was funny that the girls were all eager to touch and pet the lobster but the boys weren't as enthusiastic.


No comments: