Monday, February 2, 2009

A friday night out

On January 23rd, we went to a dinner/dance for Jake's work. It was nice to have a reason to get a little bit dressed up and to have somewhere to go out together. It is also nice that I got to meet some of the people Jake works with, instead of just all of our friends that come over to hang out. There was a nice dinner, and a presentation, and then the dancing started. We had a lot of fun. I love to dance, and we hardly ever get the chance to do it, so we took full advantage of the opportunity.
There was an activity where each table had to engineer something given a bag of miscellaneous items. And this thing had to be helpful in their job. Our table made an EP headset and this is our friend Joey modeling it for everyone.
I had to show off my hair because I actually went to get my hair done, just for fun, and I thought it came out nice. I had told her that I wanted to look nice, but not 16-year-old prom-ish, and I just wanted it to dress-up my dress a little bit. I thought she did really well at following my vague instructions.
This is a bunch of our friends and us in front of the backdrop they put up. Though, the lighting made it so the picture didn't really turn out. We had a lot of fun that night and I wish we could do stuff like that more often. Jake and I hadn't been out since our anniversary, so it was really nice to have a fun evening together.




No comments: