Friday, February 20, 2009

Snow in Arizona!

We actually got snow down here in Sierra Vista! It was actually during the week before the wedding, but I just hadn't gotten around to posting about it until now. It is the first time they have had measurable snowfall since 2002. The girls were so excited. Lyla has been saying for a long time, "I wish for it to snow in Arizona." I have been telling her repeatedly that we weren't going to be seeing any snow around here. It just goes to show that if you wish for something hard enough, it just might come true. Of course every trace of snow was gone by about 9am, but still, we had snow for a little bit. It was pretty exciting. This weekend is supposed to be in the 80's, so that is about all of the snow we will see this winter.

Our van even had snow on it, but I didn't have one of those snow-scraping tools, so I had to get the broom out of the kitchen to clean the car off so that I could take the girls to school that morning.


No comments: