Friday, February 20, 2009

More weekend fun

On Sunday we went to church with my mom and then we went to see my niece Lily get baptized. They had been debating for a long time when to do her baptism, and finally decided that they would do it up in Utah (they live in Albuquerque) when we were all there together. It was neat to be able to be there for that. We weren't able to go to Ashley's baptism (sorry Ashley!) because it was right before Jake was leaving for Iraq. So it was great to be there for Lily's. Afterwards we went back to Amber's for food and visiting all night. I love getting to hand out with my family. I hate that we all live so far apart from each other so we don't get to hang out very much.
This is my niece Lily with me and Mckayla. The girls were so excited to see Lily's baptism. They now are talking about what they want to do at their own baptisms. Of course they are talking about what they want at their weddings too.
Here's some pictures I stole off of Karley's blog that I thought I'd share. Here is the only smiling picture of Jaxon from the entire weekend that I have seen:
Here is the girls eating at Karley's moms house with her son Karter who is 4. We were supposed to all wear either dark blue or gray, but I had a hard time finding anything that wasn't light pink or yellow or purple. I got these dresses at Marshalls on clearance and they were the closest I could get to a dark blue dress. I think they were cute though.

Here is a really cute picture of the girls and Karter. The three of them really had a great time together. Karter is such a cutie.
On a yucky side note, though we had a lot of fun over the weekend our drive home was pretty bad. Jaxon and my little neice Abigail came down with some sort of stomach bug Sunday night. Jaxon threw up many times on the way home and had terrible diaherria. He went through all of the clothes we had for him, including wearing anything that he had already worn over the weekend. As long as there was no barf or poop on it, it was deemed clean. It did explain the grumpy mood he had had all weekend, but it was not a fun drive home. It mostly affected the two youngest, but several of my family members said they felt a bit sick for a day or so after the weekend.
We had a ton of fun for our last trip for awhile. We don't plan on doing much traveling this spring. But anyone who wants to is welcome to come visit us! Probably the next time we see most of my family members won't be until this summer at the family reunion in Michigan, that makes me sad. But we are about to have a baby, and we won't feel up to traveling for awhile after that.




No comments: