Monday, February 9, 2009

Hiking around in AZ

These next pictures are from a Saturday in September where we just went up into the mountains for some hiking as a family. These are the mountains we can see from our house. They don't look that big from our house, but get bigger once you are up in them. This is a sign that is posted in the beginning of the canyon, I just think it is funny.
In case you can't read the sign, it says "TRAVEL CAUTION: Smuggling and illegal immigration may be encountered in this area"
Below is a pretty waterfall (the only waterfall) on the road up.
This is the bumpy dirt road with a million switchbacks that you have to drive up to get to the top: Well worth it though.
Here's me and the kids. There usually are no pictures of my on this blog because I am the one always taking the pictures. But Jake got me this time.
Here's a cute shot of Jaxon with an awesome background. I just can't believe how long his hair was. We have been keeping it pretty short lately, but he has to get a haircut a month to keep it that way.





1 comment:

Valerie said...

I was about to have a freak out...I thought the picture of you was from this weekend...I Was jealous that your belly was so small! Now you need to take a real shot for me and Sarah to see how beastly huge you really are! Just kidding...or am I? :)