Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Wild Weekend in May

The second weekend in May we were invited to a Romney Reunion in Houston, Texas. It was really a lot of fun. I brought two of my friends with me, and we also brought all of the kids. I originally was told that I could bring one adult friend with me to the party. I had a problem though. I am still nursing Jaxon, and Houston is 4 hours away from us. So I would have to at least bring him, but I couldn't bring him down to the party, so I would also have to bring a babysitter. Anyways, my friend Sarah Schwartz was planning on coming with me, and My friend Dee is from the Houston area, so she came to watch kids. I brought the girls also because we had decided to make a weekend of it. It was the first really hot weekend in Texas, and we left around 11am Friday morning. We were hoping to have enough time to check in and get ready before the party that evening. While we were at Dee's house in Temple, TX my A/C made a really weird noise and went out. It really stunk, because we then had no A/C for the rest of the trip. We got to the hotel in enough time to go up to the pool and swim before getting ready, and the pool was on the top floor of the Hilton Americas overlooking Houston, it was awesome!!!! Then we got ready and went. Sarah and I discovered that lots of people had children with them and decided that we'd go get the rest of the group after the speeches were over. So there was a lot of speech-making and Romney talked about the new PAC he has founded and a few candidates for other offices in Texas made speeches, but then the Beach Boys came to the stage and the party started!!!

The girls loved the music and actually stayed dancing until the end of the party. The whole concert was really relaxed because it was a fairly small party. They let people get up onthe stage and dance with them, and they let us take pictures with them while they were singing. The girls got on the stage and danced while they were singing "two girls for every boy." Only 3 of the original beach boys remain, but they still did most of the singing.

This is a view from the table we were sitting at. There was a dance floor immediately in front of the stage, and tables all around. There was also a lot of awesome food too.
My old boss from Boston, Aaron Baer was there on business from the GOP in LA, but he took this picture of us with Romney near the end. The girls kindof got cutoff though. We had a lot of fun at the party, and met a lot of cool people too!

1 comment:

Amber said...

How fun Sarah! I like your dress.