Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Meanwhile, Back in Indiana...

While in Bloomington we mostly just hung out and played in parks, and really importantly, got my car's A/C fixed. We had had a miserable drive up through Texas and Arkansas. It was so hot and humid that I was getting really worried about my sweaty kids in the back of our minivan getting heat exhaustion or something. After another expensive car repair we had A/C once again. After a few days at my Aunt Hope's house in Bloomington, she went up to Lafeyette, IN with us to visit my grandparents and other relatives who are there. We spent a lot of time at Columbia park which is only about 4 blocks from my grandparents house.
Above is Jaxon having a good time in a swing at the park. Below is my cousin Paul's daughter Rachel in a swing. She is about 18 months I think, and she is adorable. Paul and his wife Tee (she is from cambodia and has a different name that I cannot pronounce or spell, so everyone calls her Tee) were there while we were there visiting. Paul had just gotten back from 14 months in Iraq and was on leave, he is currently stationed in Kansas.
There is a little train that goes around the park and so we took it. In the front of this picture are two of my cousins Emily and Meeko, next car is my Aunt Heather with Mckayla, and next is my Aunt Hope, lastly is my Cousin Paul and his wife Tee and Rachel.
We had to eat at my grandparent's favorite place in Lafayette, Arnies. My cousin Emily described it well as, "a place where the food looks gross but tastes really good." Below is a picture of me and Jaxon with my grandparents.
This is a picture of Paul and Tee with Rachel sandwiched inbetween and Aunt Hope on the side.

We had a great time visiting with all of our Lafayette relatives. I liked that we weren't on a set schedule so we didn't have to plan out every minute, We just relaxed and visited with no pressure. I even had the chance to go out for a night of Kareoke with my Uncle Chris and Aunt Heather and Aunt Hope. It was a blast.

No comments: