Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Off Again

After I had the house ready I decided to have us take off for the next while so the house could stay clean while people would (hopefully) be coming to look at it. We first stopped in Terra Haute, IN at my cousin Maria's, and the next day we went to Indianapolis to watch the Indy500 parade. My Uncle Larry was riding his horse in the parade. We were supposed to meet up with my Aunt's Hope and Heather at the parade but it didn't end up working out, so we met up at a park afterwards and let the kids play while we sat in the grass and talked. That turned out to be a better option anyways because the parade was so crowded we wouldn't have had much time to visit anyways. Below is a picture from the parade there were three times that the crowd stood up, once for the flag, once for a float of veterans, and lastly for the driver Helio Castroneves from Brazil. He had won the past 2 years in a row, and won "Dancing with the Stars." I tried to get a picture of him, but it didn't really turn out because there were too many people.
After visiting with my Pechin Aunts, Maria and I drove to Ohio to stay with my Aunt Jo and Uncle Larry (Maria's parents) over the weekend. We had a lot of fun just playing and visiting. We had a big BBQ over a fire one night and sat out looking at the stars, and we did a slip-n-slide one day and, of course we rode the horses. Below is a picture of Lyla riding on the horse "Honey", I think it is funny that they have a girl horse named "Honey" and a guy horse named "moon". Get it? It was totally by accident too. They got the horses at separate times and they already had been named. The girls both did really well on the horses considering this was only the second time they had ever been on a horse and the first time they were too scared for the horse to even take a step.
Below is Mckayla having her turn on the horse. They both trotted on the horse and kept wanting to go faster. Maria got as much of a workout as the horse.
This is Lyla and Gabriella. The three of them had a really fun time together. I wish we lived closer so they could play more often. She is only about a month older than them I think. They did really well playing together.
This is a picture of Me and my cousin Maria in her apartment in Terra Haute. We left Ohio on Tuesday and went back to IN, I stayed at Maria's that night and all the next day as it was her birthday. We had a nice picnic dinner outside made by her husband Fares, and played around. Then that night I left for Bloomington, IN to stay with my Aunt Hope.

No comments: