Friday, June 13, 2008

Mckayla and Lyla's Ballet Recital

Today was the dress rehearsal for the girls' first ballet recital. They have a policy that you can only video tape at the dress rehearsal because they sell a DVD of the recital. There is no way that I would buy that. I want to be able to have a video that is zoomed in on my kids the entire time. Mckayla and Lyla were conveniently placed together on the end of the line. They did really good I thought, considering I took them on a trip for three weeks, so they didn't get to practice at all. They were really excited to get their hair done up with hairspray and to get to wear make-up. I felt like a freaky pageant mom though, but it was a one time deal and the girls really had fun. I haven't ever tried to upload a video before, so we will see if it works. I am trying to find a way to share video with Jake since he isn't here to see the recital. Consider this your Father's Day gift honey!! I wasn't able to send anything because they are leaving in less than 2 weeks, and the mail stops getting to them a bit before they leave. So, here is their Dress rehearsal preformance, Mckayla is on the end and Lyla is next to her.

1 comment:

Hope said...

That was adorable. McKayla was all over it. Lyla as a little behind and then you could see the little girl next to them just standing there half the time. The children in our family really are much smarter and more talented than average!