Tuesday, June 17, 2008

SURPRISE!!!!

JAKE IS HOME! Can you believe it? He showed up 8 days early to surprise me. I was totally caught unaware. I had no clue. He was able to call from Germany on Father's Day, only I thought he was calling from Iraq. If he had gone several days without calling I would have become suspicious. I had asked a friend of mine if she wanted to go to Kungfu Panda with us tonight, only she had gone to the airport to pick up Jake. So I unknowingly set up the perfect pretense for her to come over. So when she came for us to head to the movies she had Jake with her. I was completely shocked. Completely. Apparently last Friday Jake's company decided that they needed Jake to get home sooner so that he could get us all over to Arizona sooner. Fine by me. That pretty much means we need to get this house packed up and ready to move by the weekend. Fine by me too. I've already sorted and packed most of the house. We are already ready to go. It's just a matter of lining up a moving van and stuff in time. Lots of work to do, but it's better to know that I'll have a husband here to help me with it. We're a family again!!!!

2 comments:

Gordon said...

Hooray! We can't wait to meet up and play with y'all again!

Anonymous said...

So glad you're back, Jake! What a wonderful surprise!!! Hope to see you around July 4th.