Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Busy Sunday

We had a really busy Sunday yesterday. Both Jake and I were assigned to speak in church, plus Mckayla was asked to give a talk in primary and Lyla was assigned to do the scripture and prayer. Saturday (and very early sunday morning) was consumed with talk and primary lesson preparation thanks to lots of procrastination by us. I also had choir practice in the morning, because I have been filling in as the accompaniest since the previous one left for his mission. So, before 9am I had to finish my talk and lesson, get all our stuff together, and get me and the girls ready for church, plus have breakfast on the table and dinner in the crockpot. Somehow we managed though. Our talks went well, I thought at least. But when we got home from church we all ended up crashing. Then we had a couple from church come over for dinner, plus our usual friends that come over to eat. It was fun, but busy. Our talks were on agency and choice and accountability. I thought it went well, and we didn't really go over, plus we definately didn't come up short on time. This next Sunday will be so relaxing compared to last week! Yay for conference! Stay home and watch church in our pajamas, but still get fed by the spirit! No lessons to prepare, no bags to pack, no hair to do, yay! We have cable, and the cable company here carries BYU tv, so we didn't have to get satelite to be able to watch conference, and we don't have to huddle around the computer which goes in and out during the broadcast. I am grateful for that.

1 comment:

Arritt said...

I bet you did great on your talks and now at least it's over. So, I just had to say that I loved the video of the girls dancing and definitly recognized those crazy moves as comin from their mama.