Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Car

Jake and I have lived for almost 6 years together with only having one vehicle at a time. Of course, almost 3 of those 6 years Jake was deployed, but still. I thought if we got me a bike I would be able to do okay without a car for awhile. However, Jake called me from work saying that a guy was deploying and was really trying to get rid of his car and it would be a good deal. I probably would have put up a fight, EXCEPT... That very morning we missed the bus for the first time since we moved into this house. Luckily the bus comes pretty early, so I thought we would have plenty of time to walk. It took a LONG time. It really isn't that far. Maybe a little bit over a mile. But my girls walk really slow, and get get distracted really easily. We ended up being a little bit late for school and when we got there the girls were hot and tired and not ready for a day of school. I started thinking, what if they got sick and needed me to come and get them? I would have no way to do that? What if there is an emergency? What if, what if, what if? Not 3 hours after that experience Jake called about his friend's car. It was in really good condition and has been really well cared for. Plus, it was inexpensive so we could pay cash and not go into debt. It is a 2000 Volkswagon Jetta. It is green. It only has 70000 miles on it, and no scratches or anything. Plus, it gets good gas mileage and Jake does a lot of driving for his job. I will post pictures whenever we find our camera charger, and I will have use of our van during the day whenever I find my keys.

No comments: