Saturday, September 20, 2008

Rash Remedies Anyone?

So last weekend Jaxon had a low fever all weekend, and then he broke out in a rash. I took him to the doctor last Monday and he didn't seem at all concerned. So I am not supposed to be concerned either, right? It's is supposedly just some childhood virus that can't be cured with anything and will eventually just go away. But it has been a week and the rash seems to just be getting worse and worse. You can see that even his lips are bumpy and nasty.
It's hard to tell in pictures, but it is super bumpy and nasty. It has spread all over his body to his chest, back, and face, plus it is even on the bottoms of his feet. His hands and lips were so swollen and bumpy today that he had a hard time holding his sippy cup and picking up food to eat. I don't want to be a paranoid mother, but I thought it was supposed to be gone by now, and it is just looking really bad. If any of you out there have suggestions for me that would be great. I've tried lotions and creams, and it is supposedly a virus so it probably won't react to any kind of medication. But do you know of any home remedies that could at least ease things until he gets better?

5 comments:

Amber said...

Have you given him any benedryl? What about a baking soda bath? Does it seem to itch? I think if it's gotten worse not better I'd take him back in.

KAT said...

Oh that poor baby! That does not look fun at all. I'd try an oatmeal bath. Maybe Hydrocortisone cream, although, you're not supposed to use that over a large area of the body all at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Judging from the picture in your previous post, perhaps he's allergic to chocolate.

SDR said...

val probly has a rememdy... Hes gotten so big!

Hope said...

Michael was allergic to a lot of detergents and fabric softeners and I had to get the "Free & Pure" kind of detergent and use no fabric softener. It seems like he wouldn't get it on his face because he doesn't wear clothes there if that were the case, but Michael even had it on the top of his head! I guess if it were on Jaxon's blankets and sheets it would get all over his face too. I'd try that. It can't hurt.