Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Results

We had our ultrasound yesterday and the result was....... nothing. I am afraid that this election result is coming from Florida. We aren't going to know anything for several months as to be decided in the courts of the delivery room. The doctor's exact words were, "I think it looks like a girl, but don't go and paint the room or anything." That was about as definative as we had with Jaxon. Both Jake and I swear we saw something boyish right before he said that, and now we are left in the unknown. Plus, Gordon's cousin Lisa who lives around here said that this doctor is notorious in her ward for being wrong about genders. She said that he had told 6 women in her ward that they were having girls and 5 of the 6 had boys. We really are happy either way, but I was really hoping to KNOW this time one way or the other so I could get ready. I am glad that we didn't get anything ready for Jaxon, because the doctor was wrong in that case. But this race is officially too close to call, and time will only tell. I did include a cute picture of the baby sucking his or her thumb from yesterday.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Doesn't that suck when you can't get a clear picture! That happened with us too. Then I got lucky and they thought I might have a down syndrome baby so I got to go back and find out for sure. You should tell them that you are bleeding or something and then they will give you another ultrasound! :)