Saturday, November 8, 2008

Crazy Costumes

We just went to the trunk or treat at the church this year and then stopped by a few friends houses to say hi and show off costumes. I was going to take the kids around the neighborhood a little bit just so that I would have a chance to meet some of the neighbors, but our neighborhood was dark. Almost no one had their lights one, which means that we shouldn't go to the houses. We didn't get a single trick-or-treater ourselves. We had decorated and put pumpkins out, and for fun I thought we could put a black lightbulb in our porch light. It wasn't until after that I realized that people probably couldn't see it from the street because our house is pretty far back, so they probably assumed we weren't participating. The kids did get loads of candy from the tunk-or-treat, plus we had tons of candy leftover due to the lack of trick-or-treaters.
Jake never dresses up for Halloween. But this year I did get him to put on the cheap mullet wig that I picked up at Walmart. He at least wore it long enough for me to snap some pictures.
He is trying to look hick-ish, too bad we don't have any flannel shirts.
I just got a t-shirt and a wig. I pinned on the picture of the skeleton to represent the baby. Almost no one got it though.
Lyla was an astronaut and Mckayla was bat girl. We just bought costumes this year for simplicity. Plus, they are starting to get really particular about what they want to be and how they want to look. Lyla knew she wanted to be an astronaut about 3 months ago. We went to the space center in Houston in May and she has been excited about space related things ever since. I'm not sure what made Mckayla want to be Bat Girl, but she decided that about a month ago as well.
Jaxon got stuck with the traditional pumpkin costume. I thought he looked adorable even though it isn't very original. He hated the hat. He kept pulling it off and trying to hide it.






No comments: