Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our Trip to Oregon





I tried making a slideshow because there were so many good pictures I couldn't choose which ones I wanted to use. We had a lot of fun on our trip. We left on a early Saturday morning and came back the following early Saturday morning. We really love Oregon, it is such a beautiful place. It was so nice to enjoy some fall weather, however we neglected to think about that until about 2 days before the trip. We realized at that point that we had no warm clothes for our kids. We had to go on a major shopping spree before we left, and I am so glad we did. It was cold! But it was nice to get some cold weather for a little while.
We had so much fun with Benita and Mark. They live in Welches, OR which is a tiny town (only on local maps) at the base of Mt. Hood and about an hour from Portland. We went to Portland a few times. We went to a huge open air market to buy crafts and we ate Portland-y restaurants. I tried oysters for the first time in my life. They weren't too bad, but I'd never order it for myself. We also went to the OMSI. It is a huge science museam that has exhibits for both adults and kids. We spent all of our time in the huge children's museam area and didn't see everything. One of our favorite things was going to Mark's park. Mark works for the BLM and manages several parks in the area. The most awesome one is in Welches and all of the nature pictures in the slideshow are from our visit to that park. We mostly loved just spending time with Jake's mom, Mark, and Markie. We played games every night after the kids were in bed and just enjoyed visiting and catching up. It has been too long since we had seen them. I won't be offended if you don't look at all of the pictures, there are a ton!

No comments: