Thursday, November 6, 2008

Our 6th Wedding Anniversary

I can not believe that Jake and I have been married for 6 years already. Time sure flies when you're having fun! I love Jake so much and I am so grateful for a loving husband and a good, happy marriage. I feel like that is something that I take for granted sometimes, but the other day I was at Safeway and there was a couple completely screaming at each other in the store. Everyone was trying to look away and get away from them, and the manager had to ask them to be quiet or leave. I thought, "if it's this bad in public, I don't want to know what your home life is like." It made me so grateful for my husband and our happy family. We have our arguments, but we always refrain from yelling at each other and take a step back if we need to. We have always been able to work things out and compromise with each other. I am so grateful for that.
Anyways, I decided it was my turn to plan out our anniversary, and I thought that we had to get out for an over-nighter because we haven't be able to do that in years, and next year we'll have a small baby again. I was nervous though, because we have never left Jaxon overnight before. A couple of awesome, brave friends of ours, Kyle & Joey, watched the kids for the weekend.
We went first to an observatory on Kitt Peak. It is on top of a mountain and in the middle of an Indian reservation. It was a beautiful place. We got up there at about 4:00 and after a little intro went out for a sunset presentation:

We felt like we were on the top of the world, because this mountain was taller than anything that you could see and it was neat to be able to see so far. After sunset the big group split into little groups and we spent the next several hours looking at the stars and different things through huge telescopes. It was romantic, but also very very educational. I have never seen so many stars. There were lots of telescopes on the different tops, and they were being used by astronomers all over the world.
This is just a really pretty view from the mountain top.
This is us at sunset. It got really cold up there, and we were told to dress warm. Jake made fun of me for bringing hats, gloves, and scarves, but he was glad I brought them in the end. I wish I could have somehow taken a picture of the stars from that night, but that isn't possible, I don't think, with our type of camera. It was a great night.
The next day we just hung out in Tucson. We just did some leisurely shopping and ate out and saw a few things. That night we went to a little french restaurant that was super romantic and really nice. When they brought out the dessert Jake had had them put my present on the plate. A new wedding ring! I guess he said that he always felt bad that he had gotten me a super cheap wedding ring because we didn't want to go into debt and we had no money as privates in the army. So he bought me a really nice wedding ring. I neglected to take any pictures of it, but I'll post some when I get it back. I had to send it in to get resized and soughtered. I can't wait to start wearing it! It was an awesome anniversary. I love my husband!!!

No comments: