Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Meet Kailey Mae Pacheco!


IT'S A GIRL! Kailey Mae Pacheco was born on Monday, March 9th, 2009 at 5:35am in our home. She is a very healthy little baby at 7 pounds and 20 inches long. She has a full head of dark hair (and a back of it too), but not much baby fat. We are all very excited to have a new baby in our family. It took us awhile to pick a name for her, but we decided on Kailey Mae yesterday and made it official by sending out the stuff for a birth certificate before we could change our minds again. Yes, we did have her at home with the major help of a midwife. It was my first home birth and was a very different experience from birthing in a hospital. But everything went really really well. I am recovering quickly and Kailey is very healthy.
I woke up at 1am with regular stronger contractions, but I have had a few false alarms so I busied myself with housework and let everyone sleep while I waited to see if these were going to go anywhere. At about 2am I decided that this was the real deal, and I woke up Jake and called my midwife over. We just let all of the kids sleep, hoping that we would have a baby before they woke up in the morning. I'll spare y'all the gory details (for now), but she was born 3 1/2 hours later and we were cleaned up and ready to meet the siblings by 7:30am after they had gotten ready for school.
Though it is hard for Jaxon to not be able to climb all over me, he has been surprisingly great with Kailey so far. He is very gentle with her, and gets extremely concerned when she is crying. He loves to sit and watch her and loves it when we let him hold her.

This is Lyla meeting Kailey for the first time.

Here is Mckayla meeting Kailey.

Here is our first family photo after the birth. If it looks like I'm half dead- it's because I was at that point. It had only been 2 hours since birth, and no sleep for me yet, so there.

5 comments:

Maria said...

YEAH!! Welcome Kailey Mae! And way to go Sarah Mae!! I can't wait for the "gory" details :) Love ya cuz!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you guys and she is absolutely adorable. She looks perfect! Love the name- and the grin on Jaxon's face made me giggle. I'm excited for the gory details as well.

Valerie said...

How exciting! You are the REAL Wonder Woman! I could never go without the drugs, especially after this last delivery! I want to hear all the details...even the nasty ones! I think it is so fun how we all are having/had the same gender of babies again! Wish we could be there to give hugs and kisses!

SDR said...

How exciting Sarah. Your family is awesome! I hope things are going well for you!

Woolverton Girl said...

Congradulations! You have a big, beautiful, happy family! She is precious!!