Thursday, April 2, 2009

My 26th Birthday

I have always said that I have a very unlucky birthday. I was born on "the ides of march," which historically is an unlucky day. I had a good birthday though this year and I am finally writing about it. It was awesome that my mom got to come and be there for my birthday, she came in on Friday the 13th to meet her 13th grandchild for the first time (a little creepy?), so she was there on my birthday. Given the fact that I had given birth less than a week prior, I didn't do much, but it was nice to not do much.
Everyone else went to church for three hours and I stayed home and took a nap and took care of the baby. There's no better gift for a mother of 4 than peace and quiet. I got to spen most of the day just holding the baby and reading a book. I am boring, I know, but I liked it. Then Jake came home and made a really good dinner for me. My mom made cake and pie and we had some friends over to share it with us, and we opened presents. It was just what I needed.

This is Jaxon enjoying the pie.

Me with 4 of the loves in my life (the other one is behind the camera). Plus, I am holding my favorite birthday present, though she came a bit early.

Here's Jake making dinner for me. He made sheeshkabobs and they were really good. He had become quite the grillin' fool, and it's fine with me because it means that I am not the one who is cooking and the food is great.
Thank you Honey for an awesome birthday!!!!


3 comments:

KAT said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad it was a good one.

Whitnée said...

Hehehe, go grilling! Happy B-day Sarah!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad it was good. I LOVED those first couple weeks when steve took all the other kids to church and I had 3 hours of quiet...