Friday, April 17, 2009

Let me brag for a moment...

I don't know how tacky it is to brag about my kids, but I have to say that I am grateful for good kids. They have been quite good lately and it sure makes my job easier. And I have to say that I am grateful that my kids aren't picky eaters. It seems like some people are just born with that, and I am so glad that mine aren't. I made a seafood pasta the other night, and I was a bit nervous to see if the kids would eat it because there were mussels in it. But the girls ate it right up and after trying a mussel for the first time they asked if they could have more of them. (that's for all of the non-seafood eaters in my family.) Also we had split-pea soup last night and they all (including Jaxon) licked their bowls clean. Split pea soup gets a bad rep, but we really enjoyed it. It is a great after-easter meal because you can throw the big ham bone in and it gets a great flavor. I really enjoy cooking most of the time and I'm glad that I have a family willing to try the new things I cook up.
Also, on a side note, I fit into my pre-prego jeans today for the first time!! YAY! I might just actually get some of this weight off! Admittedly they are still a bit tight, but I refuse to buy new clothes. I started working out last week and hopefully will be somewhat back to my old shape soon.

No comments: