Sunday, April 5, 2009

Kailey's Blessing Day

Last Sunday we blessed Kailey in church. It was nice that my father-in-law and family were there to be a part of that. It would be nice if more family could come, but we are all so spread out now and there are so many family events that getting everyone to everything is just not possible. Anyways, with much help from my mom I made Kailey's blessing gown, and I am very proud of myself. It had been a long time since I had sewn anything. But it turned out alright.

Here's some pics of Kailey modeling off her new gown.
This is Jake's dad, stepmom and half brother and sister who were here all last week over their spring break. (to be blogged about later).

Here is our family showing off our new baby. The sun was pretty bright that day.

Though I didn't get to write much down, I do remember some of the blessing Kailey was given. Something that stood out to me was that she was blessed with an inate ability to tell right from wrong and to know the path God had chosen for her. She was also blessed with a love of the scriptures and of the gospel. And she was blessed to know that no matter how far one strays from the path they can always always return and be forgiven by their Father in Heaven.

6 comments:

brianandruth said...

The blessing gown is so beautiful you did a great job, I am so not talented with sewing at all.

Whitnée said...

Cute dress! Good job and congrats! You all look so cute together!

Arritt said...

You did great on the gown- she looks so precious! Sounds like a beautiful blessing and a great weekend.

Karen said...

You did a great job on the dress! Glad you're back to sewing again. She looks so precious! I'm so happy I could have a break from routine and spend a week with your family.
Love ya.

Valerie said...

Beautiful dress. I got the announcement today...too cute! You make me look bad though...I obviously haven't sent mine out yet...haven't even picked out a picture! So I'm picking out a picture tonight! Miss you guys!

Valerie said...

I totally just read your post and can't believe you MADE that dress! Is there anything you can't do?!! Sounds like Jake gave an amazing blessing.