Saturday, January 12, 2008

Other Good Times in Utah

Another activity we did with my family was ice skating. Barbara was dying to go ice skating, and she happens to be a really good skater. But we all decided to support her in this and go skating. The girls actually did really well and were skating on their own by the end of the session. I forget how old they are sometimes and I always catch myself thinking they are too young to do a lot of things. Then they go and surprise me at how fast they catch on and I am reminded that they are growing up...much to my dismay. Above is Mckayla skating and being supported by her aunts.
This is Lyla skating with the help of her soon-to-be uncle Matt.
We also took a night and visited Temple Square. My family used to always go before Christmas, but I think I will always go after Christmas now. It was still crowded, but it was nothing like I remember it being. Usually it is so crowded that you can't hardly walk. But it was much better and I think that helped it be a bit more enjoyable. It was of course very beautiful, it has been a long time since I've been back to Utah.
This is us in front of the Christus, though we couldn't get the girls to stand still long enough for a picture. They were mesmorized and just wanted to stand by it and stare.
We also took the opportunity and threw a bridal shower for Barbara because her friends were all up in Northern UT and she probably won't be back up to my mom's until after she is married. Plus, all of her sister's wouldn't be there. It actually went very well and we had a pretty good turn out considering that we only invited everyone the day before the shower. I also got to visit with some old friends in Orem, but I am becoming more and more detached from there as time goes on. It is sad because, though I am detached from most people I knew growing up there, it is still where I call home.

No comments: