Saturday, January 12, 2008

Christmas in Utah

We made it to Utah late on Christmas Eve after being caught in yet another snowstorm while driving through Spanish Fork canyon. But we made it in one peice, though my windshield now has a huge crack in it and I had to replace my car battery. We had a really good Christmas with my mom and some of my sisters. Above is Mckayla trying to wear everything she got for Christmas at the same time. Amber and family came over later in the day and we had a nice big dinner together and played a really fun game called "last word". I think we are going to have to look for that one.

This is Lyla discovering the fun of making snow angels probably a couple of days after Christmas.
This is Mckayla and Lyla riding on top of Lacy, my sister Angela's horse. She keeps it in a pasture right behind my mom's house and just brought her over for all of the kids to ride one day. This was only their second time on a horse. I got on it too, but you don't want to see that picture. I felt like a 5 year old because I could hardly get myself on it, and I had to have Angela hold the rope for it while I rode. Pathetic? yes. I don't remember when the last time I have ever ridden a horse was though.
We went up to Logan, Ut to visit Hannah and went sledding together. Logan is pretty, but it was miserably cold. We covered our faces with scarves to keep out the biting cold, but in the end the cold won. If your hands are out of gloves for more than a couple seconds they start to go numb. I forgot what it was like to be in cold like that. But we still had a great time sledding. The girls even were insisting on going down these huge hills by themselves by the end of it.

No comments: