Monday, November 2, 2009

7 years and going strong!!!

Last monday Jake and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. We kept it small this year because of all of the projects we have going and the kids to take care of. But it was a special anniversary because for the first time we are in the city we were married in on our anniversary. We decided to take a walk through memory lane and we went out to breakfast at the little restaurant that we had our wedding breakfast at. Later in the day we left our kids with some awesome friends and took off to Tucson. Jake had written a bunch of things to do on papers and put them into a hat for me to draw out of. Lucky for him, I picked out the Pima Air and Space museum. Jake has always wanted to go there and he is a sucker for things like that. He wants to take a picture of every airplane and read every thing about it. It reminds me a lot of my dad in that way. But since we did an event that Jake wanted we ate at my favorite restaurant, The Melting Pot, and then headed home. It was simple but wonderful. It was so nice to get to go spend some time as just the two of us. We rarely get to go out together alone. I love our kids, but this date was long overdue.


I just wanted to say that I have the best husband ever. He is so supportive and he works so hard. He is a very awesome dad. We find ways that we compliment each other every day. It is not something that I can explain. I think everyone feels this way about their marriages (or at least I hope they do), but Jake and I have something special. At first we felt so opposite from each other and now it just feels like our differences work so well together. Sorry for the sappiness, but it was our anniversary, so I am entitled to it.
Today, one week after our anniversary, we said good-bye to Jake for the next unknown while. Though he has had several trips to Iraq this is his first to Afghanistan. Hopefully it will be short but I will believe that when I see it. The kids and I took him to the airport this morning and he is already half-way around the world. We miss him already. I love you honey!!!

3 comments:

Whitnée said...

I'm glad you got to spend your anniversary together! Love you both!

Ivan said...

Happy Anniversary! Miss You All!

Neva Q. said...

The two of you mean the world to me and always will. Congratulations on another blessed year together. Please send my love and kisses to all of the babies...... (Aunty) Neva