Friday, July 17, 2009

Scorpion Update

I know this is a freaky picture, but I thought it was cool to show. Scorpions really do glow under a blacklight. Jake has been going around the house at night and hunting them. They are really easy to spot with a blacklight. You can see one 10 feet away if you shine the light on them. These are a few of them he's caught: (though I think he should just kill them.)

I am pretty much healed up. I am still itchy only on the two sting areas. We had the pest control come out again for free because they have a guarantee. The guy did a real thorough check of the house and as he was spraying one of the baseboards in the hallway one jumped out at him. I just said, "Told ya so!" But we haven't found any in the house since that time, and Jake has been looking really hard for them. All the ones he has caught have been outside.
We got these glass "scorpion safe" bowls that you put under your bedposts to keep scorpions out of your bed. I kindof feel like it is a company that knows you will do anything to feel safe, so it could be a total scam and we wouldn't know. Supposedly scorpions can't crawl up glass surfaces, so if you make sure your bedding isn't hanging down on the floor and your bed is pulled out from the wall they can't get into your bed if you have these things under the posts. I don't know. We're willing to try anything. I think all we really bought is peace of mind, but it's better than nothing.

1 comment:

Whitnée said...

That is SO cool, yet really creepy at the same time. I'm with you, just kill them! :)