Thursday, July 30, 2009

Our Big Trip Part One: Indiana

After our last road tripping experience we decided it would be better to fly (even though it breaks the bank). Our car is still in need of a lot of work so we won't be going anywhere far in it until we can afford all of the repairs in need. On the way there we had two flights and they went pretty well. It was Jaxon's last free ride. Jaxon was done by the end of the day. It is hard for him to have to sit and play quietly for most of the day. At least we were able to sit near each other on both flights so that we could keep switching off holding Jaxon and Kailey.
We got into Chicago late and drove down to Lafayette, IN and stayed at my cousin's apartment. The next day (after sleeping in a bit) we went to a big park to have a mini-reunion with all of my extended family on my dad's side. Even though we only had an afternoon together I am really grateful that we were able to spend the time together. Most of my siblings were there and all of my dad's siblings were there plus 2 of my cousins. It was also great to see my grandparents. My grandpa isn't doing well so I feel the need to get out there as often as possible. (though I know once a year isn't often at all). It was so great to sit and visit and catch up with everyone. Here are some pics from Indiana:

This is my Uncle Chris, I am disappointed we weren't there long enough to go out and do Kareoke. That is one of my favorite things to do with my family in Indiana.

This is my great-aunt Jane and her daughter Sarah (my first cousin once removed??).

Here's all my kids and my brother Spencer's kids (Sammie and Carina) playing at the little zoo they had in the park:

Here's my family taking up the last car of the little train in the park. Jaxon kept trying to wander off anf get over to it so we caved and a bunch of people went on the train ride.

This is me and Grandpa:

This is me and grandma:

This is my Aunt Heather:

This is me sister Jessica with her new baby Jane, plus me and Kailey. Jane is 6 weeks younger than Kailey and if Jessica and I have anything to say about it, they'll be best friends some day.


After a mini-Pechin reunion we headed up to Michigan that evening to begin the Maple Family reunion. To be continued.......

2 comments:

Arritt said...

How fun to see family! I love the picture of you and Jessica with your adorable babies.

Anonymous said...

Лучшие [url=http://bukdub.ru]визитные карточки[/url]. Со страницы дозволено скачать книги про [url=http://bukdub.ru]визитные карточки[/url], встречать координаты лучших полиграфистов, поместить примеры своих работ и познакомиться с программами для создания [url=http://bukdub.ru]визиток[/url].