Monday, December 15, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

We put up most of our Christmas decorations the week after Thanksgiving, but there is always a delay from when things happen and when I actually get around to posting about it, in case you haven't noticed. Below is a picture of Jake and Jaxon enjoying the Christmas parade that was last weekend. I took pictures of some of the floats that were all lit up with Christmas lights, but none of them turned out. We had a fun time at the parade. Several floats threw out candy and we were right next to a group of handicap people that were very enthusiastic about everything. It really caught on and all the groups paid special attention to our area. It was fun.

These are my 3 adorable children who aren't photogenic at all. I really have to try hard to catch them in a good photo. The girls don't ever give natural looking smiles for pictures and Jaxon is still too young to hold still. Some of my sisters are lucky with kids who always take good pictures. I am very jealous of that.
Here is Lyla decorating her room for Christmas. We gave them the decorations out of the Christmas box that we weren't using to put up in their room and they really liked that.

Here is the shot of the living room all decked out for Christmas.

These are our Christmas lights for the year. It took Jake awhile just to get these all up and hooked to extension cords. I don't know how people do it who have lights all over their yards. We hope to build up our lighting display year by year, we'll see how that goes. Maybe next year we'll have lights going all the way down to the street, but that was out of the budget for this year.

As a side note: I'm almost completely ready for Christmas!!! YAY! I got all of my cards mailed out, all the packages sent, and almost all of my shopping and wrapping done!! We are going caroling tonight for FHE and handing out all of our goodies to friends around here, and then we're done! I really want to be completely finished by the end of the week so that next week we can really have fun with family and just focus on Christmas.





1 comment:

Hope said...

Watch after Christmas THIS year to get lights for next year. I usually ONLY buy Christmas stuff after Christmas. I bought our tree on clearance for $17.00 and it is a pretty big one. Now I want one of those Pre-lit trees, but this year things are so tight that even on clearance it won't be done. pout!