Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Close Call

I think it is stupid to get angry over things in the car. I do sometimes gripe at other drivers, and I am not afraid to honk my horn. I know most of the time it does absolutely no good except for to make me feel better. But there's no point in holding on to anger about some other stupid driver that you don't know and will probably never meet. I have to gripe about what happened today, though I know it won't do any good but to get it off of my chest.
I had walked the girls to school because we didn't make the bus and Jake had to take the van to work. I was crossing at the crosswalk in a school zone when I almost was hit by a big white truck. I had to jump back and yank the stroller out of the road. My heart was beating so fast, and I was so angry at this guy. He just wasn't paying any attention. Cars had already stopped on the other side of the road to let me pass, and I was in a crosswalk in a school zone where the speed limit is 15mph. The other drivers honked at the guy and got out to make sure that I was okay. The guy just kept going. Not caring that he almost hit a pregnant woman pushing a baby in a stroller. I just don't know how people can be so uncaring. It made me think that if he had hit me he would have taken off anyways. On my walk home I kept thinking "what if?" though I know that it is pointless to do so. I was so mad. I thought what could have happened to Jaxon, or me or the baby. When I got home though, I realized that I should be praying and thanking Heavenly Father that it was just a close call, and not a real accident. It's just a small little instant, but it really made me think about things, so I thought I'd share.

4 comments:

Arritt said...

That's unbelievable!! I can't believe people can be so unaware and uncaring! I'm glad you guys are fine- how scary!

Maria said...

wow. how scary. glad you were paying attention and someone else was concerned for you enough to get out.

Hope said...

I can call him some vulgar names if you like!

Arritt said...

Hey Sarah- I tagged you so check out my blog.