Saturday, August 2, 2008

Jake's Birthday

Because Jake's birthday was coming up on the following week, we had a birthday party for him on the day after the fourth of July. I didn't get him a lot of presents then, because our car was packed to the max with all of the stuff we thought we'd need for the next month. There was hardly any room to spare. But I did get him pushup bars and we made him do 25 pushups for his birthday. For the last 5 he had to do them with 80 pounds of twin girls on his back! But he made it! That's my tough sexy hubby!

But to pay us back for the pushups, he started drill sargeanting everyone else who wanted to try them out. Below is my sister Hannah on the bars (she is the tough sister).
And my niece Annika gave it a shot. She actually did pretty good. She is also another one of my extremely photogenic neices. She always takes cute pics.
My sister Amber is a fabulous cake maker (for those who don't know), and she made 2 awesome cakes for Jake. One was a Butter Pecan cake, because that is his favorite ice cream, and the other was a real-honest-to-goodness cheesecake. Not the cheap crap that I always make. WE all sang to him, and AMber and Gordon got especially into it: (see below)
This is what the family thought of their singing:

We ended up leaving Saturday night around 11:00pm which actually shaved a couple of hours off of our driving time. Night driving is so much easier with kids because they are sleeping the whole time. We got in Sunday afternoon and Jake started work on Monday.

No comments: