Thursday, August 7, 2008

Back to School Shopping

I took my girls shopping for back to school clothes and supplies for the first time. I remember going shopping with my mom, so it was neat to take my girls. I had them pick out some new outfits and shoes. Plus we had a list from the school to fulfill. My girls are born shoppers. I haven't ever been a hard-core, love-to-shop kindof girl. But Mckayla and Lyla are different stories. They went around the store picking out clothes like pros. It was funny, also I wanted to post a story that I had shared with my family on our family website:

I don't let my girls watch spongebob or cartoon network or any other mindless cartoons. I feel like if they are going to watch cartoons it should at least be teaching a moral lesson or have a point. Spongebob regularly came on after the dora/diego on Nick Jr., and that is when we'd always turn it off. Everytime the girls asked why we couldn't watch spongebob I would say that we don't watch it because it is a stupid show. Even listening to it really annoys me. so, we were at the store doing back-to-school shopping, and they of course had lots of school things in the spongebob brand. Everytime we saw something with spongebob the girls would loudly comment with one of these, "we can't have spongebob, because he's stupid" or "spongebob is for stupid people" or "we hate spongebob, he's stupid." They would shout these things out, and attract a lot of attention, maybe offending some nearby spongebob lovers. The word stupid certainly is what stuck with them. Maybe I'll try different explainations, though we are in school now, so no chances for spongebob run-ins anymore.

No comments: