Thursday, April 3, 2008

Our Easter/Wedding Trip

Our first stop on the trip, after a very very long 18 hour drive, was Peoria, AZ. We drove it pretty much sraight through. We went there so Becca and her boyfriend Mike could visit with his family. Admittedly a little awkward for us, but we had a good time. We attended the easter pageant the church puts on at the Mesa, AZ temple. The girls were very excited to meet all of the people in costume, and especially when they got to meet Jesus. We had to take some time to explain that it wasn't the real Jesus, but just a nice guy that is dressed like Jesus. They still kept telling everyone they met that they got to meet Jesus and take a picture with him.
A scary thing that happened at the pageant was that we were going down the row to our seats that some friends of Becca's had saved for us, and Lyla made friends with one of the girls and sat on her lap. I assumed that she was still there and took my seat. After a few minutes I looked down to check on her and she wasn't there. I of course started frantically searching and the girls thought she came back down to sit with us, but she hadn't. There were thousands and thousands of people at the pageant. Mike and I split up going up the aisle, and I remembered hearing an announcement that the "missing children table" was by the firepole. So I went over there and there she was. Sitting at the table chatting up the security personnel. They said she had gone up to one of the characters and they realized she didn't have a parent nearby so they immediately took her to the table. When I asked her what had happened she said "I ran away." When I asked why she said, "to go get a costume."
This is me with my sisters Barbara (middle one about to be married) and Hannah. This is at the St. George, UT temple for my sister's first endowment.
This is the day of the wedding with all of the cousins except my brother's kids.
This is my sister Barbara and her husband Matt. It was a beautiful wedding. I had never been to St. George before and I was stuck by what a beautiful city it was. We had a lot of fun playing at the homes my mom had gotten for us. I got completely sun burnt because we were outside pretty much all day that day. But it was a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I know that Jesus!! He was in our first ward in Utah. When they moved in and I saw him my first thought was that he looked like Jesus. Turns out he actually plays Jesus in a lot of church pageants and productions!