Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It's official....kindof.

Most of you know that we have been in limbo for awhile as to whether or not we will be moving. Right now (though things can change), we are definately moving. Jake has been offered a position in Utah with Northrop. We haven't gotten the official offer letter yet, but we have been told that we need to get things going especially since we have to try to get our house sold. I was a little bit hesitant at first because we just moved here a year ago. And we really moved here with the mindset that this was it. We thought this was where our kids would grow up. But now only a year later we are moving again. We love this house, we have become kindof the party house. There are usually several friends over at any given time and we have loved having a lot of friends close. These are a lot of people we've known for almost 8 years, so it has been fun to live near each other again. I never thought I'd move back to Utah again, and I wasn't really excited to do so.
BUT I am excited to get to live near my family. 2 years ago only a couple of my family members were living in Utah, but right now my mom and 6 of my siblings are living in Utah. And in 2 years we could scatter to the winds again. This is probably our only chance to live close to so many of my family members and enjoy lots of family gatherings. I am really excited about that. Plus, Jake will be working fewer hours and will get to spend a lot more time with us. Also this looks to be a good opportunity for Jake in his career. At first it didn't, but now it does. It's hard to explain that, so I'm not going to. Just know that now we are very excited about the move, though we were quite hesitant at first. We have met with our realtor and have begun doing many projects in order to get our house in shape to sell at a good price. We are just trying not to lose money on it at this point, which is hard since we've only been here a year. But I think the changes we are making to the house will make a big difference.
PS. We are going to be living in Tooele and Jake will be working out at Dugway Proving Grounds. It is an hour commute, but Jake commutes an hour to work on most days right now, so we aren't too worried about that. Hopefully we can get all of this work done in time for a good open house!

4 comments:

Arritt said...

YAY!!!!!!! So, maybe YOU were a bit reluctant to move to Utah, but I'LL be full-out excited for you! By the way, I was going to call you, but I actually dropped my phone into a river and lost a bunch of phone numbers. I've learned my lesson and will start keeping numbers in a second location. Anyway, I'm glad you'll be going to Utah, and I hope that you'll be able to sell your house. Good luck!

Maria said...

wow. good luck with the crazy move and all. it is sort of amazing that so many of you are back in UT right now...

brianandruth said...

How fun we will have to get together when you guys do move back here it would be fun!

Hope said...

Mixed feelings... I know I want to head SW and feel like Utah is too cold for me! I guess at least it sill still be closer to visit and all that stuff. Also I hope it works out great for Jake. He deserves more time with the children and if the new position is fewer hours that can only be a good thing.