Saturday, June 27, 2009

Our Tri-State Trip

I decided to do one big post with a slideshow instead of a bunch of little ones about each event. All of the pictures are out of order, sorry.
Despite the miserable car rides we had a great time on our trip. The girls were so excited to get to play with their cousins. When we first got to my sister's house in Syracuse my brother-in-law Steve had poked his head into the car to say hi. Then my neice Megan walked out of the front door, so instead of saying hi to Uncle Steve the girls jumped off their car seats and yelled "Megan!!!" We just hung out with everyone for a few days and I went and got a haircut while Amber took on all of my kids (Thanx Amber!) On Tuesday all of our family from nearby came to my mom's for dinner and we got to have an awesome visit with everyone. Jake had a lot to do in Utah and I joined him in Tooele for one of the days so we could look around at houses and such. We are so glad that my brother-in-law is from there, as he was able to hook us up with his parents who were so awesome in showing me around and telling me all I needed to know about Tooele. Our Utah trip was fun, I'm glad I got some hangout time with my sisters and the girls got play time with cousins.
On the last night in Utah we all went to the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house. I am so glad that we had that opportunity. My girls have been asking if they could go inside a temple and have been so curious about it. They really loved getting to go through the temple and learn more about it. I think that it is a good experience for kids if you ever get the chance. The lines were long and moved slowly though, so by the end of it we were all starving to death. It was a good thing they were serving cookies at the end.
As we headed out across Nevada, our first stop was in Wendover. They happened to be having a big car show so we went around and looked at all of the cars. Jake loves cars and has apparently passed that trait to Jaxon. He is a car guy all of the way. Right after he started crawling he used to crawl into the girls room and steal their pink barbie car and drive it around making car noises. Now he is car crazy as ever.
After a long hot drive, we did make it to Tahoe. It is such a beautiful place. They have gondolas that go to the top of the mountians. They are pretty expensive, but I think it is one of those things that everyone who goes to Tahoe does. It is like if you go to St. Louis you have to ride to the top of the Arch, or if you go to Niagra Falls you have to ride out on the boats. The experience isn't the same without it. It really was an amazing sight and a pretty cool ride, though a bit freaky to be suspended in the air like that.
The wedding was really beautiful. Congrats to Joey and Ashley!!!!! It was a struggle though because since Jake was in the wedding party I had to keep the kids on their best behavior on my own. Not only during the ceremony, but during the reception as well. After more than 3 hours of being told to sit quiet and be on best behavior, my kids were ready to let loose on the dance floor. And they did. They all partied hard at the end, which was good because we were driving that night and they were so exhausted that they didn't last 2 seconds before they were all completely out.
The wedding was last sunday which was father's day. We had gotten some presents for Jake to open in the hotel room, plus he got to sleep in as late as he could. I think I paid good homage to him on my mother's day post, so let me just say that he is an awesome father and we all love him so much!!! So that is the end of our latest adventure. We are already gearing up for our next summer trip which is only in a few weeks. and then just a week or so after that school starts again and we are stuck at home. Wow, summer has gone by so fast!


1 comment:

Maria said...

You've got an Ergo! Love it! Your hair looks really good that color too. I remember at least one time your car A/C went out... you fixed it while at our house... good luck with that! See ya soon!