Wednesday, January 21, 2009

School Christmas Parties

On the last day of school before Christmas vacation both girls had Christmas parties and Jaxon and I tagged along to help out for the day. I really like that we get lots of opportunities to go be with the girls at school to help out. I enjoy meeting their school friends and getting to know their teachers. Mckayla's class played lots of games and then had a gift exchange. I thought it was genious to have everyone bring books for the gift exchange because there were no tears over someone getting a better toy or anything, plus it is all mutual gender and educational. Below is Mckayla opening her present with a stick-on candycane tattoo on her forehead that took days to come off.
Lyla's class made gingerbread houses which was really fun, but also a bit complicated even though we only used graham crackers for the houses. Below is Lyla showing off her gingerbread house and Jaxon in the Background.
This is the group that I did houses with. They were pretty creative with the candy, but unfortunately I couldn't always get the candy to stick in the ways that they wanted it to. It was a lot of fun.



No comments: