Monday, October 19, 2009

Stereotypes

Jake and I have decided that we have very stereotypical children in many different ways. Starting with our twin girls, they are ALL girl. They were born loving pretty pink and purple things and loving to play princesses, barbies, baby dolls, etc. They both are very sensitive and loving to their younger siblings. They are also stereotypical big sisters. They are the bosses of the house and love to be little mommies to Kailey and (much to his dismay) Jaxon. They are typical twins that people can't tell apart, opposite in some ways, but identical in many many others. They are best friends and rarely fight with each other. They often finish each other's sentences and complete each other's thoughts. They have just discovered the power they have in looking alike. Once a day after doing laundry they came out both wearing exactly what the other had worn the day before. They were beside themselves with a sneaky glee because they were excited to trick everyone into messing them up. I don't know if they've figured out that they don't need to switch clothes to trick people into mixing them up.
Jaxon is ALL boy. Before we ever thought he was old enough to care about boy-themed toys he would crawl into his big sister's room and steal the pink barbie car and push it as he crawled around making car sounds. He LOVES cars. He is obsessive about cars. He tries constantly to find new ways to inflict bodily injury on himself. He also is a stereotypical 2 year old. I don't ever remember my girls being this bad. He is able to make giant disasters in mere seconds and throw a fit about the tiniest things around him. Yesterday we were getting ready for church and I got him all cute in his shirt and tie. It was closing in on time to go so I went in to get my makeup on. He comes in only 2 minutes later with raspberry jam from head to toe. So we had to completely change his outfit and wash him off. Jake was getting the church bag ready and getting Kailey ready as I went to finish my half-done makeup job. When we headed out to the door we turned the corner of the kitchen to see Jaxon laying on the floor in the middle of a puddle of sprinkles he had poured out licking them off of the floor. Thus, we had to clean him off again and be very late for church. Some days he just drives me crazy, but he is still as cute as they come. He is also the stereotypical little brother. Jake and I laugh at how well he knows to push every single one of his older sisters buttons. They are always fighting and he is always finding new ways to drive them nuts. He is also a very protective older brother to Kailey. It is so cute how he adores her and she him. I am not sure why he is so mean to Mckayla and Lyla and so loving to Kailey. Just instinct I guess. And Kailey is just cute. She is so happy and we just love her. She has discovered her voice and we've never heard the end of it. I just love them all and I wanted to share that for no reason.

1 comment:

Barbara Wilkey said...

I don't know about sterotypical but I sure know that they are really cute and i am soooo excited to live close to you guys!!!!